Joe and I have known each other for over 30 years. I have been friends with his sister Anne since we took clarinet lessons together in 4th grade. I went to a lot of family gatherings over the years and obviously saw Joe. We always got along but it never really occurred to me to date him until the last few years.It was a couple of years ago at a family party at Anne's house that one of our friends tried to talk to me into dating Joe... she said that he told her he would be interested in dating me. I found out later this wasn't necessarily true.
But anyway... I started thinking about us potentially dating. There was a picture that was taken of the two of us at said party and posted on Facebook. A couple members of his family made comments about what a happy couple we looked like. I flirted with Joe a couple of times and threw out some vague invites for him to join me out a couple of times... but he never responded.
Finally I just went ahead and asked him out and even then... he says he didn't think it was a date. He thought we were just getting together for a drink. He says he had no idea that I was flirting with him and it all went right over his head.
And the rest as they say... is history!
Back to Wendy's Wedding Blog
Back to PST
.gif)

